Rainy Day Carpool Procedures
StJPII's carpool system has been developed to provide a safe and orderly means for student arrival and dismissal. Rain or shine, rest assured the students' safety is always our top priority, and we will do our best to get you to your next destination in a timely manner.
AFTERNOON RAINY DAY CARPOOL PROCESS
- When Rainy Day Carpool is called due to inclement weather, you will receive an IRIS Alert and the students will hear an Announcement. (Pre-K and Kindergarten dismissal will remain the same as usual.)
- For safety reasons, walkers ARE NOT allowed and parents may not pick up students at the door.
- All 1st-8th grade students will be dismissed as their carpool (family ID) numbers are called. Please make sure that your child(ren) know their carpool numbers.
- Students will exit the campus through the front gate between the main building and the BAC and will be loaded into their cars by the safety patrol (if there is no thunder and lightning) or a staff member.
- To pick up your child(ren) join at the END of the line on Parkway Plaza, which will most likely be very long causing some delays. Please be patient and remain in your vehicle to keep the line moving.
- If our carpool line reaches the Greek Orthodox Church, then line up on TRACEWOOD PARK DRIVE (behind the church) instead of extending the carpool line across Eldridge.
- If it's after 3:30, allow the Middle School orange tags to merge in every other car from TAPPER HILL.
- Please note - it's a balancing act: sometimes Afternoon Rainy Day Carpool occurs because there is thunder and lightning in the area, even though it may not be actually raining. Similarly, sometimes we may not call Rainy Day Carpool if it is only raining lightly (without a threat of thunder or lightning).
Do not park at Kindercare across the street, even for just a few moments.
RAINY MORNINGS (no IRIS alrert) - if the side gate near Brimhurst is closed, we will not have Walkers. All cars should line up in carpool line on Parkway Plaza. If our carpool line reaches the Greek Orthodox Church, then line up on TRACEWOOD PARK DRIVE (behind the church) instead of extending the carpool line across Eldridge.
Do not park at Kindercare across the street, even for just a few moments, to drop off your children.