St. John Paul II PTO: A Closer Look at What We Do
Our PTO plays an important role at St. John Paul II Catholic School: it provides many of the benefits our children, parents, and teachers enjoy. We are not merely a fundraising machine; rather, we strive to create a stronger community, an enriched experience for our students, and a more pleasant environment for our teachers and staff. Here is a sample of the programs and activities we organize, staff with volunteers, and/or support financially:
- Ambassador Family program and its hospitable Saints Welcome and Ice Cream Social for new StJPII families
- Hands-on student programs such as Art-a-La-Carte for students in PK-3 and the Community Garden in our school courtyard
- Fun, student-focused activities like after-school Skate Day Parties, Birthday Recognition, annual Pumpkin Patch, Class Christmas Parties, Snacks with Santa, & Fun In The Sun Day
- Community support through our Bread Basket to assist StJPII families in difficult times
- Room Parent support and Library Aides to assist our teachers during the school day
- Volunteer assistance with Mass and religious events through our Altar Society
- A continuous supply of delicious food for staff and faculty at monthly Faculty Meetings, First Friday lunches, and themed, catered Staff Appreciation Luncheons twice a year
- Our Spirit Store offers StJPII logo-embossed items and apparel to show school spirit and donates numerous items for school events
- Teacher and staff gifts given at 'Back-to-School' time, Christmas, our bi-annual Staff Appreciation Luncheons, and the end-of-the-year “thank-you” gifts
- Monthly Teacher Wish List drawings, awarding 3 teachers each month with $200 to use for their classrooms to purchase supplies that benefit our students’ education
- Hospitality service at numerous school functions, like Grandparents’ Day, New Student Testing, New Family Registration, Saints Welcome, and PTO meetings
- Box Tops provide funds for useful school items to help improve our children’s educational experience
Who does all this work?
Our generous, resourceful parents and supporters: YOU DO! Through initiative and hard work, the PTO has grown into a thriving group of active volunteers who are generous with their time and resources. We are grateful for every involved parent, as each one is already a member. No contribution of time or energy goes unnoticed. Every parent is encouraged to get involved in the PTO to support our wonderful Catholic school.
Per Archdiocesan policy, all volunteers must be StJPII Volunteer Approved. Click here for procedures.
We have numerous volunteer opportunities within our StJPII community. Click here for a list and contacts.