At St. John Paul II Catholic School, we believe in preparing students to utitlize technology to support curriculum, enhance learning, and enrich the academic environment. The integration of our Catholic belief system in the use of technology will better enable our students to meet the challenges of a changing global society.
"Young people especially are rapidly adapting to the computer culture and to its "language." This is surely a cause for satisfaction. Let us "trust the young." ...They have had the advantage of growing with the new developments, and it will be their duty to employ these new instruments for a wider and more intense dialogue among all the diverse races and classes who share this shrinking globe." - Pope John Paul II
- StJPII houses two computer labs (one Mac lab for Journalism & one PC lab)
- PreK to second grade students have access to iPads
- Third, Fourth and Fifth grade classrooms have access to class sets of Chromebooks
- Middle School students participate in a 1:1 Chromebook program
- All students have a Google Education account to create and collaborate
Technology Acceptable Use Policy (TAUP): Please review the TAUP Presentation.
A hallmark of all Middle School Computer Science classes is that students participate in daily Spiritual Reflection, which serves as a reminder that Gospel values are imbedded in everything we do at St. John Paul II Catholic School.